This Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Apple Crisp recipe. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve even suggested ingredient substitutions for those with other Allergies or Special Diets.
This recipe has been adapted from the Taste of Home Apple Crisp Recipe
- 4-5 Apples Chopped & Peeled Apples (Granny Smith or any other variety that bakes well)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats (Or Unsweetened Shredded Coconut)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter (or Vegan Butter Alternative)
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a Cookie Sheet lined with Foil. You will use this later to place your Baking Dish on to avoid spills in the oven.
- Peel & Chop Apples & Set Aside.
- In large bowl, Whisk together Gluten Free Flour, Oats, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. Cut in Softened Butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press 1/2 of the Crumb Mixture into the bottom of a 9" Baking Dish. If using a glass dish, grease the bottom so the mixture doesn't stick. Cover pressed mixture with your Chopped Apples. Reserve the remaining 1/2 Mixture for topping the apples later.
- In small sauce pan, combine White Sugar, Cornstarch, Water & Vanilla. Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until liquid begins to thicken and clear. Remove from heat and pour evenly over the Apples in your pan.
- Use remaining Crumb Mixture to top Apples.
- Place Baking Dish onto lined Cookie Sheet and Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until Apples are tender.
- Serve Warm or Cold.
This recipe can be prepared in advance and frozen for up to a month (uncooked). Remove from freezer and let thaw in fridge overnight before baking as normal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 5gSugar: 61gProtein: 3g