This Gluten Free Apple Pie Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Apple Pie recipe. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve even suggested ingredient substitutions for those with other Allergies or Special Diets.
- 2 Gluten Free Pie Crusts (for top & bottom crusts) - Premade or Homemade
- 6-8 Apples - Peeled, Cored and Sliced (Granny Smith or any Apple Variety that bakes well)
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Butter (or Butter Alternative)
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Line a Cookie Sheet with Foil. You will use this later to place your Pie on to avoid spills in the oven.
- Peel, Core & Slice Apples and fill Bottom Pie Crust with Sliced Apples. Place the Pie on your foil lined Sheet Pan
- Sprinkle Apples with Ground Cinnamon.
- In small sauce pan, on low heat, melt the Butter then stir in Gluten Free Flour & Cornstarch to form a paste. Whisk in Water, White & Brown Sugar, and bring mixture to a Boil over Medium Heat. Reduce temperature and let mixture simmer for approximately 2 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Slowly pour hot mixture over Apples, then top with 2nd Gluten Free Pie Crust. (Pro Tip: We roll out the second pre-made crust to make the top crust - see video below). Crimp edges & Cut Vents in Top Crust with Knife.
- Bake 15 minutes at 450, then Reduce Oven Temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until Apples are soft.
- Serve Warm or Cold.
For best results, allow Pie to chill and set-up at least 6 hours before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 6gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g
Here's a quick clip from Wholly Wholesome on how we use the 2nd Pre-Made Gluten Free Crust to Make a top for our Apple Pies.