This Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Banana Bread recipe. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve even suggested ingredient substitutions for those with other Allergies or Special Diets.
The BEST Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
This is The BEST Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe. It's EASY to make and tastes just like the Original. With Vegan and Other Special Diet Options.
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon (or Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- ¾ Cup Sugar (White or Brown)
- ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter, Softened (or Butter Alternative)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs (or ⅓ Cup Applesauce*)
- 3-4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Grease or Non-Stick Spray a Loaf Pan & Set Aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together Gluten Free Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt & Cinnamon.
- In large bowl, beat Butter, Sugar & Vanilla until creamed, beating in Eggs one a time. Then mix in Bananas one at a time.
- Gradually add Dry Flour Mixture to Wet Banana Mixture until smooth.**
- Pour batter into your prepared Loaf Pan.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes until center is done. (see baking times for muffins in notes below)
- Remove from oven and turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely before serving.***
* If using Applesauce in place of Eggs, increase Baking Powder to 1 Tablespoon. Loaf will also not rise as much, and be slightly more dense than with eggs. Vegan substitutions work best as Muffins.
** If you find that your mixture is too dry, you can add in Milk or Milk Alternative 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
*** Please note that Gluten Free Baked Goods can sink, or turn sticky in the center if left to cool inside the pan - so remove them immediately to cool on cooling racks.
For Muffins, prepare batter as directed, but bake 18-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes approximately 18 muffins.
Store in airtight container on counter no more than 3 days, or in Fridge for a week. Gluten Free Baked Goods can become dense in the fridge, but you can warm them up in the microwave to soften before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
Join the Discussion