This Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic comfort food we all know and love. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also got suggestions for Vegan & Other Special Diets.
- 2 Gluten Free Pie Crusts (for top & bottom crusts) - Uncooked (Store Bought or Homemade)
- 4 Chicken* Thighs (or 2 Breasts) - Cooked & Shredded
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion - Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Minced
- 1 Celery Stalk - Sliced
- 3 Cups Fresh or Frozen Vegetable Blend (peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper (or to taste)
- 32 Ounces (4 Cups) Chicken Stock*
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- Prepare a Cookie Sheet lined with Foil. You will use this later to place your Pie on to avoid spills in the oven.
- In medium pot, bring water and Chicken Thighs or Breasts to a boil. Cook until meat is tender and can be easily shredded. Drain water & set meat aside.
- Preheat Oven to 425° F.
- In large stockpot, add Olive Oil, Onion, Garlic, Celery & Frozen Vegetable Mix & Saute over Medium Heat until soft.
- Add Shredded Chicken and Seasonings to Saute and mix well.
- Add in Chicken Stock and bring Mixture to a full boil.
- Sprinkle in Gluten Free Flour and stir until mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour mixture into Gluten Free Pie Shell.
- Top with 2nd Gluten Free Pie Crust. (Pro Tip: We roll out the second pre-made crust to make the top crust - see video below). Crimp edges & Cut Vents in Top Crust with Knife.
- Place on lined cookie sheet and Bake approximately 30-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 1/2 hour before serving.
- Serve Hot or or Cold.
* Vegan Suggestions: Substitute the Meat with a Meat Alternative and use Vegetable Broth in Place of Chicken Stock.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 470mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 18g
Here’s a quick clip from Wholly Wholesome on how we use the 2nd Pre-Made Gluten Free Crust to Make a top for our Chicken Pot Pie.