This Gluten Free Cornbread Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic comfort food we all know and love. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. Use it for Stuffing, Serve it with a Bowl of Beans, or Top it with Butter & Honey... Enjoy it any way you like it! We’ve also got suggestions for Vegan & Other Special Diets.
- 1 Cup Corn Flour (or Corn Meal)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Buttermilk or Milk (or Milk Alternative)
- ¼ Cup Shortening or Butter - softened (or Butter Alternative)
- 3 Eggs*
- Preheat Oven to 400° F.
- Grease 8" Square Baking Pan or Spray with Non-Stick Spray
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
For Muffins or Mini Loafs: Prepare as normal, but reduce baking time to 15-20 minutes.
* For a fully Vegan version of this recipe, use ½ Cup Aquafaba & ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar - whipped into stiff peaks. Prepare Recipe as normal, but gently hand fold in the whipped Aquafaba until just combined. To learn more about Aquafaba, and how to use it in place of eggs, click here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g