This Gluten Free Dinner Rolls Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic comfort food we all know and love. It’s easy to make and pairs perfectly with your favorite dishes. We’ve also got some suggestions for Vegan & Other Special Diets.
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk - warm, but not hot (or Milk Alternative)
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Dry Active Yeast
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs*
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch or Tapioca Starch for Dusting Scoop
- 1/4 Cup Butter - melted (or Butter Alternative)
- Grease a 9" x 12" Baking Pan or Spray with Non-Stick Spray.
- Warm milk to just above body temperature. It should feel warm to the touch, but not hot.
- In bowl of Stand Mixer, combine Warm Milk, Honey & Yeast. Set-Aside to Proof for 10 Minutes.
- While Yeast is Proofing, whisk together Gluten Free Flour, Baking Powder, Psyllium Husk Powder and Salt.
- Add Flour Mixture to Yeast Mixture and Beat on Low Speed while adding in the Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar & Eggs.
- Continue to mix on High Speed for 2-3 Minutes until dough is smooth. (Gluten Free Dough will be sticky and not thick like regular bread dough).
- Dust a large Scoop (here's the one we use) in Cornstarch before scooping dough into your prepared pan. This will help the dough not to stick. Repeat until entire pan is full of dough balls.
- Allow dough to proof in pan for approximately 15 - 20 minutes. DO NOT overproof.
- While Dough is proofing, fill an Oven Safe Pan with 1/2" of Water and place it on the lowest rack in your oven. This will create a water bath.
- Preheat Oven to 375° F.
- When Oven has pre-heated, place pan onto middle rack, and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until Dinner Rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from Oven and allow to rest no more than 1 minute before carefully turning out onto cooling rack.
- Brush tops of Dinner Rolls with Melted Butter before serving.
* For a fully Vegan version of this recipe, add 1 Tablespoon additional Psyllium Husk Powder to Flour Mixture. Also, use 1/2 Cup Aquafaba & 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar - whipped into stiff peaks. Prepare Recipe as normal and gently hand fold in the whipped Aquafaba until just combined. To learn more about Aquafaba, and how to use it in place of eggs, click here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g