This Gluten Free Fried Chicken Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic comfort food we all know and love. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also got suggestions for Diary Free, Egg Free & Other Special Diets.
- 12 Chicken Legs, Wings, Ribs and/or Breasts
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha or ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Powder (optional)
- 2 Cups Buttermilk, Milk* or Milk Alternative*
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- ½ Cup Cornstarch (optional)
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Quart Vegetable Oil
- In large bowl, combine Chicken, First Set of Seasonings & Buttermilk. Stir, then Cover and let Rest for 1 Hour in Fridge.
- In medium bowl, combine Gluten Free Flour and Second Set of Seasonings.
- Fill a Cast Iron Skillet half full of Vegetable Oil and Bring to 350° F over Medium Heat.
- Remove Chicken from Fridge & Coat each piece in Flour Mixture. Gently shake off any extra.
- Carefully place coated Chicken in the hot oil and cook 15-20 minutes, flipping regularly, until meat is cooked through.
- Remove Chicken from Oil and place on Wire Cooling Rack covered in Paper Towels to drain excess oil and rest.
* If you opt to use Milk or a Milk Alternative in place of Buttermilk, add 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar to your wet mixture.
Using Cornstarch is optional, but we've found you'll get a crispier finish when you use it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 45g