This Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookie Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Gingerbread Cookies we all love. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also included Vegan & Other Special Diet Options.
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup Butter - softened (or Butter Alternative)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Molasses
- 1 Egg (or 2 Tablespoons Applesauce)
- ½ Cup Tapioca Flour (for rolling out dough)
- In small bowl, whisk together Gluten Free Flour, Spices, Salt, Baking Powder & Baking Soda. Set Aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream the Butter, Brown Sugar and Molasses until smooth, then beat in Egg.
- Gradually beat in Flour Mixture until dough is smooth & sticky.
- Cover dough and place in Fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Line Cookie Baking Sheets with Parchment Paper or Silicone Mat
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- Lightly dust rolling pin and surface with Tapioca Flour to prevent dough from sticking.
- Divide the dough and work with about a quarter of the dough at a time. Use Rolling Pin to roll out dough to approximately ¼" thick. Use cookie cutters dusted with Tapioca Flour to cut shapes.
- Carefully transfer cookies to prepared Baking Sheets and Bake 10-14 minutes, or until cookies feel firm.
- Remove from oven and let cookies rest for 3 minutes on Baking Sheets before transferring them to a Cooling Rack to cool.
- Cool completely before decorating.
For a quick Icing: Mix together 1 Cup Powdered Sugar, ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract and ½ Teaspoon Milk (or Milk Alternative). If Icing is too thick, add in ½ Teaspoon of Milk at a time. Or, if Icing seems too thin, add in 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar at a time. Icing will set as it dries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g