This Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Cheesy Classic we all love. It’s Easy to make and Delicious. We’ve also included Vegan & Other Special Diet Options.
- 2 Boxes (2 x 12 oz) Gluten Free Elbow Macaroni*
- ½ Cup Butter - 1 Stick (or Butter Alternative)
- ½ Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 3 Cups Whole Milk (or Unflavored Milk Alternative)
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese -shredded (or Cheese Alternative)
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese - shredded (or Cheese Alternative)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper (or to Taste)
- Pinch of Paprika
- In large pot, prepare the Gluten Free Elbow Macaroni according to the directions. However, it is important NOT to overcook the pasta. Stop cooking it when it's still 'al dente' (or slightly chewy). Drain & Rinse Macaroni with Cold Water - Twice. This will ensure that it stops cooking and all of the starches are rinsed clean. Pour Pasta into a bowl and set-aside uncovered.
- In large pot, over medium heat, melt Butter. Stir in Gluten Free Flour to make a 'roux', or paste. Slowly whisk in your Milk until the milk is warm and no lumps remain. Add in your Shredded Cheese(s), and Seasonings. Whisk constantly until completely melted and 'gooey'. Remove Cheesy Mixture from Heat.
- Add your prepared Macaroni to the Cheesy Mixture and stir well until every noodle is well coated.
- Serve Immediately.
* Not all Gluten Free Pastas are created equal... Most of them turn to mush when you cook them. So the success of your recipe really does depend on picking the right one. There's only on brand of Gluten Free Pasta that has consistently met our Gluten Free Weekly 'The BEST Of' standard - and that's Jovial's Gluten Free Brand.
Want to make a Baked version of this Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese? Just prepare according to the recipe - But, pour the finished Macaroni & Cheese into a Casserole Dish and top with a bit more Cheese. Broil on Low until top is Golden Brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 9g