This Gluten Free Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Chocolate Cake. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also included Vegan & Other Special Diet Options.
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Milk (or Milk Alternative)
- 1 Cup Brewed Coffee
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil - melted (or Vegetable Oil)
- 2 Eggs *
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Grease 2 (9") Round Baking Pans or Spray with Non-Stick Spray. Set-Aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together the Dry Ingredients: Gluten Free Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Salt, Baking Powder & Baking Soda.
- Add in Milk, Coffee & Oil, and beat at Medium Speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Beat in Eggs and Vanilla, and mix for an additional 1-2 minutes. Your batter should be thin and flow smoothly.
- Divide Cake Batter evenly into your 2 prepared Baking Pans.
- Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cakes rest no more than 3 minutes before carefully turning them out onto wire racks to cool.
- Cool completely before decorating.
* Not yet tested in our kitchen, but a reader suggested that you may substitute ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce for the 2 Eggs. We also recommend adding 1 Tablespoon Psyllium Husk Powder to the Dry Mix if you do.
This Cake Batter can also be used to make Chocolate Cupcakes. You will need to adjust your baking time accordingly. Typically 18-22 minutes, but test with toothpick before removing from oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g