This Gluten Free Moist Vanilla Cake Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Vanilla Cake. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also included Vegan & Other Special Diet Options.
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick) - softened (or Butter Alternative)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (or Coconut Oil - melted)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Buttermilk, Milk or Milk Alternative*
- 3 Eggs** - room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 2 (9") Round Baking Pans or Spray with Non-Stick Spray. Set-Aside.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together the Dry Ingredients: Gluten Free Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda & Salt. Set-Aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together Butter, Oil & Sugar at Medium Speed.
- Beat in Buttermilk, Eggs and Vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add Dry Ingredients to Wet Mixture until well combined, but avoid over-mixing. Stop to scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
- Divide Cake Batter evenly into your 2 prepared Baking Pans.
- Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cakes rest no more than 3 minutes before carefully turning them out onto wire racks to cool.
- Cool completely before decorating.
* Not yet tested in our kitchen, but a reader suggested that you may substitute 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce for the 3 Eggs. We also recommend adding 1 1/2 Tablespoon Psyllium Husk Powder to the Dry Mix if you do.
** If you opt to use Milk or a Milk Alternative in place of Buttermilk, add 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar to your wet mixture.
This Cake Batter can also be used to make Vanilla Cupcakes. You will need to adjust your baking time accordingly. Typically 18-22 minutes, but test with toothpick before removing from oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 119mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g