This Gluten Free Pancake Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Pancake we all love. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also included Vegan & Other Special Diet Options.
- 2 Cups Guten Free Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 Cups Buttermilk, Milk, or Milk Alternative*
- 3 Tablespoons Butter - melted (or Butter Alternative)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs**
- Extra Vegetable Oil for Pan or Griddle (we love Coconut Oil)
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Gluten Free Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder & Salt.
- Add in the Buttermilk, Melted Butter, Vanilla Extract & Eggs and beat on medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Allow Pancake Batter to Rest while you preheat the pan/griddle.
- Preheat a Non-Stick Pan or Griddle over low heat on your stovetop. After about 5 minutes, add in approximately 1 Tablespoon Oil to the pan and turn the heat up to Medium.
- Pour 1/3 Cup of the Pancake Batter into the Pan and allow to cook until bubbles begin to rise to the surface and the bottom is brown enough to flip. You can do more than 1 pancake at a time, as many as your pan allows without overlapping.
- Flip the Pancake and cook and additional 2-3 minutes, or until fully browned on reverse side.
- Serve Pancakes with your favorite Toppings & Enjoy!
* Not yet tested in our kitchen, but a reader suggested that you may substitute 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce or 1 Ripe Banana for the 2 Eggs. We also recommend adding 2 Teaspoons Psyllium Husk Powder to the Dry Mix if you do.
** If you opt to use Milk or a Milk Alternative in place of Buttermilk, add 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar to your wet mixture. We've also had success with using Yogurt in place of Buttermilk, but you may need to thin the batter down with milk if it's too thick.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g