Did you know the Original Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treats are NOT Gluten Free?! But, this Gluten Free Rice Crispy Treats Recipe has been modified so you don’t have to miss out. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also included Vegan & Other Special Diet Options.
This recipe has been modified from the Original Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treats Recipe.
- 6 Cups Gluten Free Crispy Rice Cereal (The Original Rice Krispies Cereal is NOT Gluten Free)
- 1 Package (10 oz) of Marshmallows*
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (or Butter Alternative)
- Prepare a rectangle casserole pan by greasing with 2 Teaspoons extra Butter or Non-Stick Spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt Butter over low heat.
- Add Marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in Gluten Free Cereal until all pieces are well coated.
- Using buttered spatula, press Rice Crispy mixture evenly into your prepared pan.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
In microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows on High for 3 minutes*, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 4-6 above as normal. *Microwave cooking times may vary, so watch your mixture closely.
* Standard Marshmallows are not Vegan. Use Dandies All Natural Marshmallows for a Vegan alternative.
We know some of you may have a hard time finding Gluten Free Crispy Rice Cereal in your area, so here is a list of other brands & options available in store and online:
- Whole Foods 365 Brand Crispy Rice Cereal
- Barbara's Bakery Brown Rice Crisps Cereal
- One Degree Rice Crisp Cereal
- Nature's Path Crispy Rice Cereal
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g