I can still remember the smell of the Rice-a-Roni Rice Pilaf that my mom made as a side dish to Chicken. It was usually saved for special occasions and was one of the many dishes I missed when going Gluten Free.
It took a while to get the spices and taste right, but we finally came up with a Gluten Free Rice Pilaf Recipe that does the original justice. This side dish whips up easily in the Instant Pot and pairs perfectly with with your favorite meat & veggies.
The BEST Gluten Free Rice Pilaf Recipe
This is The BEST Gluten Free Pilaf Recipe! Easy to make and tastes just like you remember. Pairs perfectly with your favorite meat & veggies!
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Minced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 ¼ Cup Brown Rice
- 1 ¼ Cup White Rice
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Pink Salt
- 32 Ounces Chicken Stock (1 Box)
- In Instant Pot, add the Olive Oil, Onions & Garlic and use the 'Sauté' function to Sauté until soft (approx 2 minutes).
- Place Brown & White Rice in a mesh colander to rinse and drain. Add Rice to Sauté Ingredients.
- Continue to Sauté for 1-2 Minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off Sauté function.
- Add in Seasonings and Chicken Stock, then mix well.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to 'Rice Setting' (12 minutes, low pressure).
- Let Rice Naturally Release (approx 15 mins).
- Stir well before serving.
Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Join the Discussion