This Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve even suggested ingredient substitutions for those with other Allergies or Special Diets.
This recipe has been adapted from the Original Betty Crocker Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe.
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick), Softened (or Butter Alternative*)
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 2 Eggs (or 1/3 Cup Applesauce*)
- 2 3/4 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar (for Topping)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon (for Topping)
- Preheat Oven to 400° F.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together Gluten Free Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda & Salt. Set Aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat Sugar, Butter, Shortening and Eggs together well.
- Mix in the Gluten Free Flour Mix - Mix well, but avoid over-mixing.
- In large place, mix the Topping Sugar & Cinnamon. Place near cookie sheet for rolling dough balls in before baking.
- Scoop cookie dough into hand and roll into a ball. Roll balls into the Sugar and Cinnamon mixture before placing onto your un-greased cookie sheet pans. Place cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 8-12 minutes or until cookies appear set.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for 1 minute on cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
* When using a butter or egg alternative, we highly recommend chilling your cookie dough at least 1/2 hour before baking. This makes the mixture easier to roll and will prevent them from flattening out too much.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g