This Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic recipe we all love. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve even got suggestions for Vegan and Other Special Diets.
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Butter - softened (Or Butter Alternative)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs (or 1/3 Cup Applesauce*)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Extra Sugar for Rolling
- Preheat Oven to 375° F.
- Line cookie sheet pans with parchment or reusable non-stick silicone mats.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together the Gluten Free Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda & Salt. Set-Aside.
- In mixing bowl, at medium-high speed, cream softened Butter and Sugar until smooth. Reduced speed to low and add Eggs and Vanilla. Stop to scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
- Gradually add in your flour mix and beat until all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- In a small bowl, pour your extra sugar for rolling the dough balls in.
- Using a Small Cookie Scoop, measure out a dough ball into your palm and roll gently into a ball.
- Roll dough ball into the sugar before placing on the prepared cookies sheet pan. Press down gently on the dough balls with the bottom of a glass or ramekin.
- Bake Cookies for 8-14 minutes until edges have set, but not yet browned.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes on Cookie Sheets before transferring them to your cooling rack.
- Allow Cookies to cool completely before decorating.
Store cookies in airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 19mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g