This Gluten Free Waffle Recipe is the perfect adaptation of the classic Waffle we all love. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the Original. We’ve also included Vegan & Other Special Diet Options.
- 2 Cups Guten Free Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¾ Cups Buttermilk, Milk or Milk Alternative*
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Oil or Butter Alternative (melted)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs**
- Non-Stick Spray for Waffle Iron (we love Coconut Oil)
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Gluten Free Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda & Salt.
- Add in the Buttermilk (or alternative), Melted Butter, Vanilla Extract & Eggs and beat on Medium speed just until batter is smooth.
- Allow waffle mixture to rest while you preheat the Waffle Iron.
- Grease & preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. (We prefer to lightly spray ours with a Non-Stick Spray after the indicator shows 'Ready' and right before we add the mixture).
- Bake the waffles according to your waffle iron's instructions. To keep finished waffles warm as you continue baking, you can place them in a preheated 200°F oven, directly on the rack..
- Serve Waffles with your favorite Toppings & Enjoy!
For a lighter, more fluffy waffle, separate the eggs and add just the yolks to the first mix. Then beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold them in at the end of your recipe preparation before cooking.
* Not yet tested in our kitchen, but a reader suggested that you may substitute ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce or 1 Ripe Banana for the 2 Eggs. We also recommend adding 2 Teaspoons Psyllium Husk Powder to the Dry Mix if you do.
** If you opt to use Milk or a Milk Alternative in place of Buttermilk, add 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar to your wet mixture. We've also had success with using Yogurt in place of Buttermilk, but you may need to thin the batter down with milk if it's too thick.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases - this does not affect the price you pay or service you receive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1087mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 12g